Wednesday 29 May 2019

The social pressure to have my kids in sports is the worst I've ever experienced.


I'm a guy so I didn't have the pressure to get married and have kids like many women do, but as a dad of three boys, sports are constant and overwhelming. It's the first question people ask about the kids. My in-laws are 'could-a-been-pro' sports people who put on the pressure heaviest.One of my sons enjoys cooking classes, for which I couldn't be prouder (I love to cook too), but I still get the "he's so strong and athletic, its a shame he didn't get into sports". I'm also proud of the fact that he doesn't give into pressure for sports, he tried a few sports a couple of times each, said no, and that was the end of that. Other son, not so strong willed... he's been giving in to the pressure for years. I finally took him out for good. He can't stop thanking me. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Xg7dyu

No comments:

Post a Comment