Tuesday 28 May 2019

I don't know how parents with regular jobs function over summer break


My son is 5 and about to finish Pre-K.​I have a fairly normal job, which requires me to be in the office from 8 to 5 Monday through Friday. For summer, we have the option to work from 8 to 6 Mon - Thurs and then 8 to noon Friday. Based on most office jobs I've had, this seems pretty standard. My commute is a bit long - 45 mins to an hour each way.​The school year went pretty smoothly, and I was able to take advantage of the early drop off and after care at the public Pre-K. But summer is totally different story.​I cannot find a single freaking summer program with hours that accommodate working adults. There are three programs in my town. They all generally go from 9am to 3:30pm. Some have early drop off or late pick up, but that only goes from 7:30 to 6.​With the costs these programs are charging (even before the late and early fees), I feel like I might as well just find a babysitter. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2W93QNp

No comments:

Post a Comment