Tuesday 28 May 2019

Had a mental breakdown/panic attack in front of my 4 year old and now I feel like a loser parent


I know it's been a long time coming. The amount of stress and anxiety I've been wafting in this last year finally came to a head. We've been staying in our motorhome until our home gets remodeled. It wasn't a something planned but rather situational. I'm very thankful however, that we have the motorhome as an option. A friend of ours was very nice to let us park it in his RV spot and hook up free of charge while we get our house handled. Anyway..I went grocery shopping for the rv mini fridge. My phone died on my way back. The charger I have went on the decline and wouldn't for the life of me charge and I couldn't find my way back to our spot. So of course I'm driving around in a maze of housing. After 10 mins of no hope I went into full freak out mode and started balling like a baby. Half screaming and tears. With a full range of short breathed behavior. Child like tantrum. I wanted to punch a wall. I wanted to bang my head against something hard. I wanted to crush my phone for being so stupid.My 4 year old was my biggest supporter saying things like"it's ok mom! We are very close" "Don't be sad" "Well maybe just maybe it's over there?"He was being such a trooper. I felt better afterwards but the guilt set in and now I feel shame. I don't want anything like that to happen again. Any thoughts or advice?Anyway, I've had it..my older one has one half day tomorrow at school tomorrow. We are skipping it and taking a mental health day. Thank God school is out.Edit: we found the way home..I was able to get my phone to charge just enough to call my husband. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Me94Tc

No comments:

Post a Comment