Tuesday 28 May 2019

Sleep Training - I Feel Like I Broke Our Son


I'm 29, first time parent, and I'm looking for encouragement.Our 9 month baby boy has been such a happy, smiley, trusting child, and I'm afraid I've ruined him.We started letting him cry it out 3 days ago.Day 1 - Took him 15 minutes for a nap and only around 10 minutes to go down for the nightDay 2 - Took him only a few minutes each time we put him downDay 3 - For one of his naps, it took him 30 seconds to fall asleep on his own. When we put him down for the night, he made a strange noise on the monitor after close to 15 minutes -- could have been a weird burp or something -- so we went in to check on him, I calmed him down and put him back in his crib ...Then he fussed and cried for 30 minutes, before falling asleep... His eyes were closed for most of it and when I had gone in to check on him, I felt his face and it was dry. He wasn't actually crying tears, but I just don't know, now... I feel awful about what I may have done.He slept fine all night, didn't make a sound once he was out. When he wakes up, in the morning, I pick him up and bring him to bed with us. I did that, this morning, around 6:20. My wife was going to take him, but she had to go to the bathroom, first. This was the first time he ever wailed when she walked away from him, with me still holding him.. I couldn't get him to stop until she came back.​I helped my wife change his diaper, he was still crying, so I gave him a bottle, and that helped.Then we were in the living room, and I tried to play with him and get him to smile. I may have a skewed perception, now, but it just didn't seem like it was coming naturally to him, this morning. I only got half smiles, and I felt like I had to work to get them... I don't know.I feel sick. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2YQPVrZ

No comments:

Post a Comment