Tuesday 28 May 2019

I paid my daycare lady a flat fee for the month, but she has been unavailable to watch my child for the last 2 weeks. What should I do?


I paid my daycare provider a flat fee for the entire month of daycare. I only work part time, so I only ask for 3 days of childcare a week. we have no contract. She also works another part time job, and I never know if she’s going to be available to watch my daughter because she gets her schedule for the week at that job on Sundays. She didn’t let me know of this in the beginning. In the beginning, she said she would be available until the evenings (5:30-6pm) when I needed her. We had no issues. And then the second week, she started to bail on me more, asking me to leave work early to get my daughter or ask me the day before if I could pick her up by 3:30pm or so because she has work, when I have to work a specific shift too. One day she even called me to leave work early because her dad was taking her somewhere, and so I dropped everything to go get my daughter. Well her dad was inpatient and they packed up my daughter and left with her. I asked them to drop her off at my mom’s work. They didn’t, she said her dad was too inpatient and in a hurry. I had to chase them all over town to get my child back! I should have fired her then but it was only the 2nd week in and I had already paid. I gave her another chance. And the last 2 weeks she has not watched my child at all. Last week, she was sick all of the 3 days I needed her. And this week, she decided to tell me the night before I needed her that “she was in the ER on Saturday night and she might have to go to the ER again in the morning.” Whether that’s true or not, I don’t doubt she’s a liar at all, but this is becoming a total waste of my money... a flat fee daycare is supposed to be a give and take. But I’m not getting my money’s worth at all, I’ve had to miss work and lose out on money, while pissing off my boss, and even pay other daycare providers and babysitters to cover the days I needed care. I feel bad for the girl if she’s been sick and in the ER, but somehow I feel that she hasn’t been as sick and she’s led on. I saw her last week and she looked fine. I don’t think she’s taking this second job as a daycare provider seriously and she’s not respecting my time.This morning I asked her if she went in to the doctor or the ER, (she never told me why she was going to the ER) and if she is able to watch my daughter afterwards or do I need to find someone else today. She said “no my doctor is booked and later if the pain gets worse I’m going to the ER.” When that’s not what she told me her plan was last night. She won’t tell me straight up if she can watch my daughter or not.What should I do? I am getting new childcare next month. But would you ask for some of the money back for paying a fee for the entire month but only getting daycare for half of it? I feel totally cheated and I am a single mom, I can’t afford to pay extra money for other babysitters to cover her. I don’t know if it’s fair to ask that. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2woLMPV

No comments:

Post a Comment