Tuesday 28 May 2019

Most inappropriate/weird thing a stranger has said to you/your child in public.


I know I’m letting this lady get to me but UGH.Yesterday at Walmart my 3.5 year old started crying because we had put her new pony toy in the bag ( we were doing self check out).She wasn’t screaming or having a huge fit but was upset that we didn’t hand her back the toy after ringing it up. I was handling it, telling her she “ can have the toy when we get back to the car if she calmed down”Out of nowhere an older lady comes up next to my daughter and started telling her that “ if you don’t stop crying right now ,mommy isn’t going to feed you any of that yummy dinner ,she’s going to make. Do you want to go to bed hungry? Stop crying “And then she walked away.There are so many things wrong with that statement. 1st - of all I would NEVER not feed my child as punishment for acting like a 3.5 year old. 2nd - way to assume I’m the cook to the family .. I’m not. 3rd - it’s not like I was just letting her pitch a fit , I was talking to her about her feelings and how to act in the store. I mean she’s freaking 3.5... we all know they aren’t the most rational people in the wrong.Anyway what’s your stranger in public story?!? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2VUbndZ

No comments:

Post a Comment