Thursday 30 May 2019

My son is a sympathy crier and I hope it never changes


My son (11 months) is a sympathy crier. He has an older sister (almost 3) who can be a little sensitive. In other words, there are lots of tears in this house and when my son hears crying, he joins in. Enter my favorite story so far.We grocery shop at Aldi because it’s the only store around that has a double child seat (we’re in the south and I’m so over the child carrier in 90+ degree heat). Anyway, we are at the grocery store and each child has a block of cheese to carry as I push the cart. I am reminding my son that the cheese is “hands only” and redirecting it from his mouth. He is getting a little frustrated and starts waving the block of cheese around. Big sister is right next to him and of course ends up getting repeatedly smacked in the face with an entire block of cheese! She was rightly unhappy with this and began crying. Well my son doesn’t know why she’s crying but something must be upsetting so he must cry too. I couldn’t help myself, I had to laugh at the situation. Definitely one I’ll be writing down for future retelling. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/30UfU3I

No comments:

Post a Comment