Tuesday 28 May 2019

Holy Hell in a hand basket, my 3 yr old is exceeding the limitations of my medication today.


Melt down after melt down! So much aggression. Dude just bit me, like as I am typing this. Don’t worry he got a consequence and a talking to. I mean part of it’s my fault because I’ve been pretty checked out today and giving him as much attention as usual, but come on! We have four animals. Each and every one has been personally victimized, especially today, by my son. We were going to go swimming today. The only condition was that he not make any of the animals cry/growl. We will not be going swimming today. THAT caused a scene. Yes he is in therapy for his aggression (his therapist is pretty sure he has a sensory disorder, not that that’s an excuse or anything. But it helps us understand him.), and his therapist has really been working on emotions with him. We’re supposed to figure out the emotion behind the behavior, but it’s like, alright I’ve identified the emotion. It’s unequivocal burning rage. Now what do we do with it? Take him to a safe space and have him scream into the void? I don’t know. We have a therapy appointment later this week and I’ll inquire further. Wish us luck! via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2QwOU5n

No comments:

Post a Comment