Friday 31 May 2019

I have a real first grader.


Today was the last day of school for us. To be exact the last day of kindergarten. Now they made a big deal at school about the transition to first grade. They had a graduation, a party.. The whole nine yards. Well this morning I asked my daughter how she was feeling about her last day. She got upset. She told me she wasn't ready. She was scared, she doesn't know how to read and first graders read. There was tears.Now we have been working hard at reading, I know she can read a little. And tonight at bed time I pushed on her to read to me.Little by little, my six year old read my a whole book. It was slow, and we sounded it out a lot. But good god we got so excited.She ran out to tell her dad and exclaimed "Dad! I'm a real first grader now!"I cried. Dad cried. Somedays I feel like parenting is an out of control train, headed for a crash. But these moments make it all worth while. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Kh4dxX

No comments:

Post a Comment