Tuesday 28 May 2019

Any fathers out there feel only like "dad" in relationship?


I have a 9 month old who I love dearly. My Wife and I have been together for 12 years. We are highschool sweethearts and love eachother dearly. We had our first child back in August 2018. To elaborate on the title ever since our child came into our lives and family I no longer feel like a partner. I only feel like a dad. I feel my only role to my wife is simply a dad. I just do whatever she needs and meet my daughter's needs. Im okay with this role obviously. However the big problem I have is the lack of affection and intimacy in our relationship. I no longer feel like her partner like I used to. Without too much detail we used to be pretty frisky and very affectionate with one another. We've talked about it and I understand her situation and feelings. Shes breastfeeding and on the pill which is also affecting her mood. I just don't ever feel like im wanted. Im no longer cuddled, kissed, hugged, grabbed or anything like that by her like before. We go out with my brother in law and his gf and I start feeling bad because they actually act like a loving couple. We are just not the same it seems. We used to be so lovely and anytime I try something I almost feel like I make her super uncomfortable. Even sex. She never wants it and to me its not even about that. When we do "do it" it seems like we did it just do get it over with. I just want to feel close and connected. Just seems like all of those feelings are gone.Like I said, this is my first time experiencing this. I hate to admit it but I don't feel as happy about our relationship anymore. I love my child to pieces. I dont blame my baby for anything. Or my wife. The adjustment is just alot harder than it seemed. In short it just seems as if we lost our spark and she doesn't want anything to physically do with me anymore. We still laugh together and I still love her. We just lost our passion and affection.Does anyone have advice? Am I in the wrong for feeling this way? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Maz1Dc

No comments:

Post a Comment