Thursday 30 May 2019

No diaper bag


I'm gonna start the story from last night while I was at work. I get a text from my SO that my 21 month old fell while climbing out of the crib and knocked his tooth forward somehow. I tried to calm her the best I could and told her everything would be fine. Fast foward to this morning I get home and get a good look at the tooth and decide it would be best to see a dentist. We left in a hurry to try and be there when they opened up and once we arrived I realized I didn't bring the diaper bag with us. I thought for a moment about making the 30 minute round trip to get the diaper bag but decided he should be fine as he normally doesn't poop early in the morning. They were able to squeeze us in and as we are in the room filling out paperwork I start to smell something and just hope it isn't him. My fears were confirmed and he had a diaper full of poop. I remembered seeing a toddler about his size in the waiting room when we arrived. Nervous and embarrassed I went to the waiting room and asked the dad if he by chance had a diaper and wipes I could use. Thank goodness he was nice enough to give me one. As someone whose face turns bright red when embarrassed I could only imagine how red it was today. Thankfully the dentist said everything would be fine with the tooth and it'd probably go back to where it started soon.TL;DRTook my son to the dentist and forgot his diaper bag. He pooped while in the back and I had to go back to the lobby embarrassed and ask another parent for a diaper. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2YRVPcu

No comments:

Post a Comment