Friday 31 May 2019

My mom helped clean our house, and my wife threatened to leave me.


So as always, the title isn't the whole story. Sorry if this isn't entirely a strictly parenting story, mods please let me know if I need to post elsewhere.​I work full time, wife works part time evenings. We have two kids ages 4y and 1.5y. We are pregnant with our third, still in prime morning sickness mode. Wife stays at home with kids while I work, I stay at home with them while she works. We don't do daycare, we couldn't afford it and are not trusting enough of our options in our area.​While my wife tries her best, the house is destroyed every day. I spend all 2 hours I get with the kids before their bed time cleaning, and occasionally attempting to talk the kids out of harming each other. I have made it clear to my wife that I am not happy like this, and we both are telling each other we need help and for things to get better. She thinks our best bet is to move half way across the US to her family, who is retired unlike my parents, so we could get more help.​Unfortunately I am a horrible communicator. Due to some other unrelated events I was pretty harsh to my wife over text due to a dispute we were having while I was at work. We were unable to help each other understand our views on the situation, and I let my anger get the best of me, and mentioned that she was unbearable to be with sometimes.​Last night I had my mom (who was watching the kids while I worked late) drop them off at our house on my way home. When I got home my mom helped me clean the house. I just about cried, a grown man to his mother. She was understanding of how my house was so messy. She's had kids, I was a messy kid, there was no judgement from her at all. Just help.​I told my wife this morning that my mom helped and she lost it on me. She is upset that I crossed a boundary and let my mother into her house to judge her. She mentioned that she was fed up, and was on the verge of leaving. I tried talking to her, but she is just pure rage.​I don't know what to do. I'm an ass, but am I the completely in the wrong? I'll answer most questions, I recognize this is kinda skimming the situation. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2IfRpoW

No comments:

Post a Comment