Friday 30 December 2016

Sunburn - mother of the year :(


Feeling like a horrible parent at the moment, it's summer here in Australia which means plenty of outdoor time in the pool. My two spent the entire day in the pool, always wearing their sun shirts and topping up their sunscreen... sunscreen which was past it's use by date. I noticed them looking a bit pink after lunch so I asked them to come inside to cool down. They just got redder and redder, the damage had been done.Now, about 100 cool compresses later, I have a little man with a horrible blister on one of his ears, and burst blisters on his cheeks and nose. My daughter is still pink on her cheeks, with sunburned hands and very red and sunburned bum cheeks. I feel like the worst mother in the world. We now have long sleeve sun shirts, water hats, board shorts for my daughter and brand new sunscreen and zinc. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iLVxyV

No comments:

Post a Comment