Monday 26 December 2016

3 1/2 year old is full of sass.


Where to even begin...?I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter who, within the last 8 months or so, has turned into a sassy, clingy, loudmouth toddler with an attitude problem.Before then she was very sweet, kind, gentle, humorous, independent and loving.The only thing that changed was that her baby brother was born - 6 months ago.Recently she has gotten so bad with her attitude, it is driving me nuts. I literally cannot even ask her to wait a moment while I finish using the bathroom to help her, before she sighs loudly, rolls her eyes and storms off with her arms crossed. Really?? Because I asked you to give me a second to wipe myself? 😟 Jesus!I have been fighting with her a lot lately. Giving her constant time out, talking to her, asking her feelings, trying to understand her and managing her through her emotions. Even with all that communication, everything seems to piss her off or "bore" her.She wants to be constantly attached to my phone or tablet or me. If I say no, she gets upset. Two minutes later she asks again, cycle repeats. This literally goes on until I give her a time out or give in.She talks ALL. THE. TIME. I mean, wow. I have to play "the quiet game" in order to get some silence because she talks alllllll the time. She doesn't stop! She doesn't even know what she is talking about a lot of the time because she just goes on and on about nothing!She cannot sit still. We used to be able to just cuddle up and do nothing all day, or watch a couple of movies and do ABC Mouse - but now thats all boring. She does't want to be at home.I have talked to my mom and all she says is "thats normal, she's growing, you were worse (gee, thanks mom)" and that I need to chill.Just now I was trying to do some work on the computer - which I would normally do in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep (yes, I sacrifice sleep to have time to myself) - and she interrupted me every 30 seconds. I explained to her that I needed to do something and it wouldn't take me long and she could play with the 4,772,492,977 toys she has in her room. She said okay. I started working and again she interrupted. I asked her again to please let me work. This happened about 6 times in less than 5 minutes before I slammed my hands on the desk and stormed to my room, leaving a crying toddler to my husband.I don't know what to do anymore. Is this just another one of those "phases" I have to suck up, or am I neglecting her by trying to teach her to be independent sans electronics? 😓 via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ixsGSA

No comments:

Post a Comment