Tuesday 27 December 2016

5 yo daughter scared of "bad guys with guns" ever since they had drills for shooters at school.


My 5yo is in kindergarten and earlier this school year they had a "code red" drill, which is basically a drill for gunmen/active shooter. She told me all about it - how they hide by the classroom bathroom while the teacher locks the door and they have to be very very quiet. Since then, she's been really scared about "bad guys with guns" breaking into our house and shooting us. I don't let her watch anything other than disney jr/nick jr, so I know this is all coming from whatever they talked about at school.We live in one of the safest towns in America, so the odds of us having a break-in are ridiculously small. I tired to tell her that it's like how they have fire drills - a fire isn't going to happen, but you need to know what to do just in case.How can I address her fears and assure her that she doesn't need to worry? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2hut4RP

No comments:

Post a Comment