Monday 26 December 2016

Found an awesome alternative to American Girl dolls!


My niece is obsessed with American Girl dolls and is slowly sucking my daughter into it too. I was into them when I was younger (they were called Pleasant Company dolls back then, before AG bought them out and turned them into an expensive cult) and I know I got a lot out of the books, but they were so much more affordable back in the early 90s. I'm just not going to spend $160 on a doll. I found the Josefina doll fully clothed and in perfect condition at Goodwill for $3, so we have her, but my daughter has been talking about the AG Wellie Wishers lately, which are less expensive but still $60.But today I came across these! They look really well-made and unique, and they come with books as well. Each doll is from a different country (Mexico, Ethiopia, India and Kentucky, U.S.A.) and one dollar per doll goes towards helping kids in those countries. I like the concept and the price ($40 on Amazon), and I love that they're culturally diverse. The Indian doll has a henna tattoo and a nose piercing and the Ethiopian doll is the most beautifully representative black doll I've ever seen. I swear I'm not a shill for this company, but I understand if this can't be posted here. I just wanted to share with any other parents who might be suffering with AG issues. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iyZy9K

No comments:

Post a Comment