Wednesday 28 December 2016

I've suddently became the "parent" to my teenage brother and i can't handle it... not ready for this kind of responsability.


So basicly, our dad died while my brother was still very young and he was left to be raised alone by his mother. (I was already an adult and living on my own at the time). She did a really shitty job at raising him. She is mentally ill. I knew this all along. I knew it was a bad idea to let her raise a child on her own, but there wasn't much i could do about it at the time.Now he's a 16 years old and he needs help.He lives in an extremely shitty situation, doesn't go to school, has absolutly no real-life skills...So i invited him to come live at my place. I tried to help him out as much as i could. But it just isn't working out. I'm just not ready to share my house with a teenager and take on so much responsability. I have my own family and kids to take care of.I feel cruel and selfish to abandon him, but i just can't handle it! I don't want him here! I don't know what to do.Some days I want to scream and punch holes in the walls so badly! But i'm afraid that if i send him back to his mom it will ruin whatever chances at life he might have. I don't really know what i'm asking for here... i'm kinda desperate. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ijK5hc

No comments:

Post a Comment