Tuesday 27 December 2016

Sudden trouble with baby sleep patterns


My son just turned 5 months old last week and I can tell you he is going through a growth spurt as he is doing a bunch of new stuff all at once like holding his own bottle and what not. Previously he was going to sleep at about 7 pm and sleeping all the way until 6 am. Sometimes needing only one feeding.But suddenly within the last two weeks he is trying to go-to sleep at 430 pm and gets overtired by 5-530 and when that happens he is up til 9 pm or later constantly screaming. To the point of where nothing helps and you just have to put him in the crib and let him scream it out. With him going to sleep at 430 he is up and wanting to play at 3-4 am and will not go back to sleep until 8 am. My wife and I are at wit's end this morning.I am a lone worker in my job and work around electricity, so sleep deprivation could easily mean death for me. Yet my wife constantly wants me to handle the baby at night and these early hours claiming that I will need to get up and get ready for work anyways. I already tried taking a day of vacation to sleep but my wife just kept throwing the baby at me and not allowing me to sleep, while she will sleep in and take naps while I'm home.If this is a phase when will it end? Or how can we reset my baby's sleep schedule?I think tonight we are just gonna try to keep him awake until his normal time wether he gets overtired or not. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2hkdH9T

No comments:

Post a Comment