Wednesday 28 December 2016

My 2 YO is awful. Is this her?


I am not a first time parent. I have a 2 year old and a 9 year old. My daughter has been increasingly difficult ever since we brought her home from the hospital. She had colic - I mentally collapsed.Fast forward and now she is just over 2. She is like a toddler version of the kids from the movie Problem Child. I can't do it anymore - I can't parent her all day - I've lost my mind and started pursuing full time work. I'm pretty sure I'll be offered a job today and will accept it.My son wasn't like this. She's terrible in every moment and every opportunity. I'm not elaborating. Time outs have no impact - she doesn't feel bad for her behavior. She also doesn't feel rewarded from being disciplined. She just IS.It's not a "attention thing". I honesty believe it's not even behavior. I think this is WHO she is. I think this is her personality. She's that difficult, older independent woman who will never have kids. She's the math teacher you hated in school - or the intimidating female executive at work that you just don't understand HOW someone like that could exist. She is the girl in the short skirt and the long jacket in the cake song. She's terrifying.I just think she's domineering and is unphased by consequences. I think her behavior defines her personality. I don't think any type of corner time outs and butt pats can reap results.Relatives and friends never believe me until they interact with her - and then they say "wow, you weren't kidding". She's just different. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2htf3Cl

No comments:

Post a Comment