Wednesday 28 December 2016

6 yo daughter made fun of me not having a job


So I've been busting my ass, just finished a 600 hr web dev bootcamp in Nov, I have the IT degree. Every recruiter i come across wants someone with professional experience which I don't have any of yet. I've been applying like a madman, no luck yet.So I was teaching my daughter not to be a bully, she said something mean about her older brother. And I said "how would you like if I called you a pig because you forget you wipe your butt in school? Not very nice is it?", And she replies with "how about if I said you don't even have a job", to which I had no reply because I don't. I was stuck between being disappointed in myself, and wanting to strangle her lol. But what she said was true, it stung so bad. How should I have handled it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iDjFUc

No comments:

Post a Comment