Friday 30 December 2016

My son's dad wants me to pay for a broken cabinet


My son is 11 and he lives with me full time. There's no official custody agreement, so his dad can see him whenever he wants so long as school isn't affected. This amounts to about twice a year for a week or so at a time.So Squidlet is visiting his dad this week for New Years and he texted me freaking out. He accidentally broke a cabinet door and was really worried how mad his dad is going to be. He knows he shouldn't have been doing what he did and he feels bad about it. Cue a few hours later he texts me again saying that his dad said it can't be fixed and I have to pay for it.I tried calling his dad but he didn't answer my phone. So I called Squidlet. He's fine, I think his fear of being in trouble was worse than the consequences. But i asked to talk to his dad but he won't talk to me.I am definitely not paying for a cabinet. This man would not pay any type of child support until the court ordered him to and started garnishing wages. He never asks to see his child. It's always us asking him. And he never calls and rarely answers when Squidlet calls. He was insisting Squidlet contact him through email.I'm just really annoyed and fed up with his childish attitude. I would keep Squidlet away from him but that would do more harm than good. I just want him to either step up or step off. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iO0PKj

No comments:

Post a Comment