Thursday 29 December 2016

Feeling guilt over only child (at this point)


My husband and I always agreed we would have 0 or 2 kids. Our daughter is 2, and we have no plans at this point to have another child. I know that we still have time but I'm looking to be done one way or another in a few years.Our life together is good with one child- we don't worry about money too much (other than normal issues) and are talking about all of the future things we can do with our daughter. She is definitely a great kid and we love her to pieces.My husband has already said he is done and doesn't have a desire for another child, even though we said we wanted two. I'm more or less on the fence- if he wanted another one I think I would probably be pregnant at this point.I more or less want my daughter to have a sibling more than I want to have another child, which is not a good reason to get pregnant right away. I grew up the youngest of 4 kids and my husband is the oldest of 3, so we are accustomed to having siblings around.I always felt like having siblings was an important piece of my life that helped shape who I am. Our daughter is already very well socialized, but I feel guilty because I feel like I'm keeping that experience and everything that comes along with it away from her, simply because I am selfish.I know ultimately, since our daughter will grow up in a safe, happy, and healthy environment, we aren't going to mess her up too much (hopefully). Has anyone else out there had this experience before? Did you take the leap and go for two, or did you swallow your guilt and not give your kiddo any siblings? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iJZaW1

No comments:

Post a Comment