Saturday 31 December 2016

My child is driving me Crazy! Help!


My 10 year old son is constantly doing things that my wife and I tell him not to do or lies about things he shouldn't lie about. These things are so small that after time it is to a point where I can't handle it anymore because he just doesn't stop doing it.I have rarely taken a belt to my children, but I'm getting close to it. I know that it's because I'm angry, which is more of a reason not to use the belt.Things like:not shampooing hair and lying about itcovering up messes and lying about itI'll give him clear instructions and he just can't get itNot cleaning his glasses and then lying aboutalways has an a Bs excuse for not finishing his homework or not doing his work in school.I will sit him down, have a conversation about something that frustrates me and give him an opportunity to fix it, but will still do those things.Like I said I know they seem small, but the span of a year I just go nuts and can't talk to him without being upset. We have met with counselors for him and his siblings for about 3 years on and off. At first these sessions were required because we started fostering first.We are continuing it after some signs that the kids were displaying. He is the sweetest kid ever, but I just can't deal with him at this point. I know he has mentioned that he liked when it was him and his older sister living with us, but I have to remind him that it was important for his younger brother and younger sister to come live with us as well.He also had attachment issues and missed his birth parents for the first couple of years, where his older sister understood why they were removed.Should I try to spend more one on one time with him? I love him, but gawww I am pretty ticked.Edit: I also want to add that I have met with the counselor to find ways to react to these situations so I'm trying, but I'd like to get some advice from parents that go through this as well. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2iCE6BD

No comments:

Post a Comment