Friday 30 December 2016

I am feeling like the worst mom in the world.


Ten days ago we took our DD for her shots and she had a runny nose and a cough. She'd had it for a couple days. The doctor told us to wait two weeks and come back if she still had it.DH and my mom have been insisting the past week that DD is sick. I pretty much just ignored them since the doctor said she was fine. We started sleep training last week and it was going really good. Last night she went to sleep almost instantly and didn't cry at all but woke up after two hours crying.I wasn't fazed since I'd heard and read that sometimes babies do that even after they'd previously done well.Well, she kept crying. And crying and crying and crying. I continued reassuring her at intervals and eventually just broke down and held her to sleep. She woke up screaming as soon as I put her down. DH tried feeding her but she wouldn't take the bottle. I thought she was just being persnickety. Eventually she fell asleep for a couple hours.We had the day off so we took her back to the doctor today since she was not wanting to eat and it turns out she has a bad double ear infection.I feel awful I just let her cry when she was hurting. Even though I've been having success with Ferber I'm not sure I can continue once she's better. It just breaks my heart I messed up so badly. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2hBCfOE

No comments:

Post a Comment