Wednesday 30 January 2019

Should I address teacher about religious movie watched in class?


Hi there,Before winter break, the 4th grade teachers at my daughter's school put all the kiddos together in one classroom and showed them the 2017 movie "The Star". This movie is a self-described "computer-animated Christian comedy film based on the Nativity of Jesus". I was incredibly surprised to find that out of all the available movies that might occupy the minds of antsy 4th graders eager for vacation, that this film, with its obvious and explicit religious material, would be chosen as appropriate for students in the public-school setting.Even though it is now the end of January, I am still bothered by it. Should I address my concerns with the teacher? I don't want to come off as a blustery interfering parent. I am not anti-religion (except when it comes to public school). But as a teacher myself, if I was looking for a movie to occupy 9-year-olds the day before winter break, I would have chosen a different film.What do you guys think? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2FVjPWR

No comments:

Post a Comment