Tuesday 29 January 2019

"Hurry up! There is blood all over the place!"


I have a 6 year old daughter Riley and her friend came over this morning. First of all, I just get a knock on the door only to look out to find mom is nowhere to be found and friend (also 6) is dressed warm with school things knocking on the door.Friend is bashful around me, probably because I am a yelling mom even when friends are around (in a "GET OUT OF THE STREET" kind of way). They were playing upstairs, I was drawing downstairs. I can have them out of sight as long as I don't inhibit my ears. They get quiet."I'm worried" friend says "Don't worry , Ill take care of you, Ill get a band-aid" My ears perk up. "Whats going on?" I yell up. no answer. "Hurry up Riley, its bleeding" "HELLO! WHATS WRONG? IS OLIVIA OKAY?" I'm getting up now. Walking upstairs, no answer."Riley! ITS BLEEDING ALL OVER THE PLACE! BLOOD IS GETTING EVERYWHERE!!!"I am in full sprint now up the stairs. Friend is sitting on the bed holding her foot, I'm imagining the worst, blood leaking all over the bedding, the floor, a trip to the hospital, gathering my tourniquet skills.I don't even see blood, I don't even see an injury. I ask her where it is and the cat scratched her, in a tiny amount and calmly address it with antibiotic and band-aid. "You scared me half to death!" I said covering my eyes and shaking my head.Meanwhile, Riley is upset because "where did I get the paw patrol band aid, and how she doesn't really care because she has kitty ones anyway." via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2B8RVTg

No comments:

Post a Comment