Thursday 31 January 2019

Effective punishment for a 7 year old boy who won’t behave at school.


So my son is 7, he’s in first grade and is constantly being sent home with notes from the teacher regarding his behavior. The unacceptable behavior is typically him trying to be funny/silly while the teacher is trying to give a lesson.He really doesn’t act that bad at home. He does act silly sometimes, but he’s 7, and I want him to be a kid.He is very intelligent, and always tells me that the only things they teach at school are things he already knows. I sometimes wonder if he’s just bored.I have tried yelling.I have tried rationally explaining to him that this is unacceptable.I have tried explaining to him that just because he knows what the teacher is talking about doesn’t mean he can distract the other kids.I have tried taking away toys/games/tv, etc.NOTHING has worked.Any advice is appreciated.PS: I’m Dad (34) via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2RZAY7T

No comments:

Post a Comment