Wednesday 30 January 2019

I really need some advice.. or I not even sure to be honest


So a little back story.I have a daughter and a son, my daughter is my step daughter that I’ve raised since she was a year old. She is now about to be 8.A week ago my daughter, asked me to her schools daddy daughter dance. I was excited and took us both out to buy some clothes for the event.This afternoon I came home during my lunch to have lunch with my family per usual. As my wife chased my son around, my daughter turned to me and said, daddy I want to tell you something.. I want to go with my real Dad, not you.I couldn’t even respond to her, I kind of just looked at her. Then got up and walked to the restroom where I cried like I haven’t cried in a long time. After I was able to collect myself, I said a quick goodbye to my wife and headed back to my office. I drove teary eyed all the way back.I’m home now, and I’m in my home office. I do have some work to catch up on but I can’t really get invested in it at the moment. I’m honestly heartbroken. My daughter sees her biological maybe once a month or so. He’s never been here for her. I know the way I’m feeling, and just hiding in here isn’t ideal. But just looking at her right now brings me back to tears... I don’t know what I’m looking for.. or what to even say to her. I wouldn’t for a minute stand in the way of her decision. But I’m just hurt. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Rny2Nr

No comments:

Post a Comment