Wednesday 30 January 2019

Did anyone who regretted kids at first have a change of heart as the kids got older?


LO is 12 months old and right now, I really regret becoming a mother. I love my LO but if I really understood what I was getting into with parenthood, I wouldn't have begged my husband to start trying for a baby. We needed IVF. This makes it even worse. We PAID for this and I regret it.I honestly thought this was what I wanted more than anything but instead I feel trapped. I miss my freedom. I miss having friends (the huge lifestyle change has seen us grow apart) that were my friends because they liked me and because we had common interests, not because we happened to have children in the same month. I miss being able to just go somewhere because I wanted to. I miss sleeping. I miss going out to eat. I used to have beautiful skin and pregnancy destroyed it and it won't seem to recover. It is wrinkly and dry. I have a huge belly roll that won't budge. I miss travelling with my husband.I deeply regret not going to University and wanted to do it part time while LO was young but I can't handle it, she is just too much. She is a very clingy and high needs baby. I really really dislike being a mother. I have tried outsourcing things and getting baby sitters and everything. I just hate being a mother. I love my child but despise motherhood. I hate the way I have no identity to anyone anymore other than "LO's mum". I miss my old relationship with my husband. The one where we did not always yell at each other because we are stressed. He is upset because he wants to take a lower stress job but feels trapped in his higher paying one because we have LO now. I hate this. I get no enjoyment out of motherhood. I love my daughter but taking care of her is a horrible chore. I am sick of my husband and I snapping at each other because we are tired and stressed.I am sick of the crying, the babbling, the getting into everything, the mess, everything. She has some health needs which will be expensive for us over the coming years. People think we must be well off because my husband is a doctor, but he has some debts, student loans, we have the IVF bills, we live in a high COL area. I am at home with her more than I want to because childcare is so so so expensive. My mother came to visit us and was saying jokingly how she wishes she could take LO home with her and all I could think was "please, take her, free me from this prison".I went to two therapists who said I don't have Post Partum Depression in the sense they can treat. I just really dislike the one job you can't quit.Did anyone feel like this when their LO was very young but started to enjoy it more or hate it less as the child got older and was not so demanding? Because that is the only hope left that I will not hate my life forever. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2Ga05xS

No comments:

Post a Comment