Monday 28 January 2019

Can I help my son through his father’s break up?


My 10 year old son is having a hard time with my ex husband’s break up.Three years ago my ex tried to commit suicide. He was sent to an inpatient facility for awhile and when he got out he started dating a girl about ten years younger than us. She’s different than any other woman he’s ever dated. She’s been a great friend to our son.She’s never tried to over step her boundaries and parent him, but has been a great friend to him. She has come to his games and school events. She has been very involved about helping with his school work.I even like her. I follow her on social media and I always like to interact with her. I’ve never been able to like anyone else he’s seen.Two weeks ago my ex told me she broke up with him. He is heartbroken, and told me she wanted to say goodbye to our son. So I took I’m to my son to my ex’s apartment. I could see her stuff was gone. We all sat down with him and they explained they aren’t together anymore, and so she won’t see him because she’s moving to Chicago.My son is so upset. He sobbed all the way home has been emotional tonight. He is confused why she is moving that far and why he won’t see her when she comes back...Is it my place to help him through this? How can I? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2HFyFSS

No comments:

Post a Comment