Thursday 31 January 2019

Biking parents of infants, how do you bring your kids along?


My big guy is gonna be one this spring. The wife and I were pretty avid bikers, but took this summer off. We'd like to get back into it and bring our son along with us.I've seen a two solutions in the wild and have likes and hesitations about both:First solution I've seen are those tented wagons that hitch to the back of your bike. I've seen these have a minimum age of 1.I like these because if I fall over it's not his problem. I also like that he won't be in direct sunlight if we get a tented one. I don't like that he's just kinda "back there" and lower than us (and everyone else) so we can't really see him.I've also seen those seats that are secured to the back of the bike somehow, and are "on" the bike, not towed. I don't know what the minimum age for these are.I like these because he's up with me, and I feel like I can hear him and see him better. I also feel like people would notice me on my bike before a trailer, so he's less likely to be hit. I don't like that he's attached to the bike and if I go down so does he. I also haven't seen anything that would keep him out of the sun.Kinda long post but I'm interested to hear what others do, and what you think of the things I've seen and if you know of anything else. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2SiLzKC

No comments:

Post a Comment