Monday 28 January 2019

My wife and I switched places


Before the kids were born, I wanted children and thought I'd be the best dad in the world. I have a great career, I was a patient person, I was always positive, and I believed raising children was the greatest purpose bestowed on man. I thought I'd enjoy it so much.My wife felt differently. She wanted kids, but was content if it never happened. She also never believed she would have been a great mother or enjoy the daily grind of parenthood.Well, eight months into this thing, and we've switched places.I hate being a parent and everything that comes with it. The serious sleep deprivation, the crying, the holding, the chaos, the mess, the constant appointments, and the multi-year prison sentence. I knew these would be part of having kids, but I never realized that I couldn't handle it. My wife, on the other hand, loves everything about it and cannot envision a life without these twins.In the end, I overestimated my abilities and my wife underestimated hers. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2sT2pBz

No comments:

Post a Comment