Thursday 31 January 2019

My(34f) daughter(17f) is very promiscuous and got pregnant after having sex with a friend of hers. My husband(34M) and I were teen parents as well and are devastated. How do we help her?


For some background I want to confess that I and my husband were teen parents. We both were kicked out of our homes because we decided to have her. After enduring so much we finally established a successful business and we are financially very well off now.We always wanted to show her the love which we never received from our own parents. So we doted on her. She always got whatever she wanted. But we didn't know that we were spoiling her. She turned into this very lazy person, who only parties with her friends, smokes, and I'm sure she does drugs. My sister used to do drugs and I can see the same symptoms in my daughter. Short temper, anxiety issues, those eyes etc. But my husband is in denial and refuses to believe that his beloved daughter is capable of doing such things. She's also promiscuous and openly says that she isn't interested in boyfriend's but is ok with fwb relationships. She even snaps on her 7yo sister who is now afraid to talk to her.(they used to be super close).I and my husband take full responsibility. We thought it was love but it never crossed us that setting healthy boundaries was a part of good parenting. Being abuse victims ourselves we never set any boundaries because we thought that it was tantamount to abuse. So here we are. She's pregnant now. She agreed to abort the child.But what do we do to turn her into a responsible adult. We are clueless. My mother is furious with me and accusing me for not disciplining her. She's suggesting some strict lifestyle changes to her like taking her to the church, and she's suggesting chastity belts so that she learns self control( Yeah she's insane and extremely conservative, so I had to run away when we had our daughter), but I dont want to do anything drastic along those lines. We want to make her feel loved and help her become responsible.Does anyone have any advice? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2UtMC80

No comments:

Post a Comment