Thursday 31 January 2019

Just lost my job, camping trip starts tomorrow


Hey, longtime commenter, never poster. I've got four boys, an expensive degree, and a mental block when it comes to job interviews and job hunts. I've been too old to be the his inexperienced for too long. This month marked the first time in my life I'd kept a job for more than one year. I guess 13 months wasn't meant to be.My oldest is 10, and he's never been camping. I've never had a stable income until now. So, I made the reservations at the state park where my dad took me and where my friends went after college and have been planning the three day trip for weeks. This trip has everything - the sex talk, mountains, a pellet gun, a pocket knife, campfires, sunsets, a trip journal. We've been really excited about it.Well, today my boss calls me in his office and tells me to shut the door. I guess things didn't work out. I had a feeling things were going bad a month ago and sent out a few resumes, but got nothing. I'm not looking forward to trying to find work again. I feel like I've exhausted every possible opportunity, and that my career as I knew it is completely over.So I'm not going to say anything to my son or my family. I'm just going to pretend for the weekend like I still have a job. Or I'm going to break down in years at some point tonight. Did I mention I'm divorcing? No plans, didn't have enough money for another place even with a job. But that's another thing I need to do.Sorry for venting. People on this sub have so many problems. But I've got no one else to tell. I really hope this trip goes well. My kid needs it. We both do. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2CVNsmQ

No comments:

Post a Comment