Sunday 27 January 2019

My Wife Simply Stopped Caring


I've taken the last 6 months to bond with my daughter. She's going to be 1 in February, and is living with cystic fibrosis (fortunately a mild case). My wife went back to work in August, and since has reclaimed her professional and social lives. I take care of our daughter from 6:30a-5pm M-F, and lately a lot of solo time on the weekends. She and her single girlfriends still manage to go wine tasting and brunching without us - we aren't invited. It's also come to my attention that one of her girlfriends has also booked 2 separate trips to Vegas and a trip to Nashville, which she's expecting my wife to join. Truthfully, my wife wants to go on all these trips - she deserves a social life, but here I am watching our child while she lives her life like she doesn't have one. I've mentioned that we could all go together, but she doesn't want that, either.In addition, I am READY to go back to work. However, we need the proper child care. I've done such a good job that my wife no longer wants me to go back to my profession. She wants me to be a stay at home dad because otherwise I am just working to pay for a nanny, which I understand, but I think I deserve some semblance of a career too. I love my daughter more than ANYTHING, but it's a partnership. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be a dad, but my wife wanted to be a mom so badly, and I feel like she's checked out. I've mentioned marriage counseling and she wants me to see a personal therapist, alone. So I've gotten to the point where I am starting to resent her, which makes me feel terrible and I know it could only get worse.​ via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2FRDPcS

No comments:

Post a Comment