Tuesday 29 January 2019

Help! Is this normal? 4 year old with a crush?


My oldest is 4 and in pre-k, he’ll be in kindergarten next year (2020). He’s at a weird cutoff. Anyways, he used to be REALLY excited about going to school and seeing his teachers, his friends, his lunch monitor ladies and now all he talks about is this girl Josie. He only wants to go to school to see Josie, he wants to “huggie Josie” (Speech delay/autism) and I’m starting to get the feeling that he has a crush on Josie. We used to say “do you want to say ‘teacher’s name’” and he’d scream YEAH!, do you want to see ‘friends name’ and he’d say YEAHHHH! And now he just says no to all of those. But when we say “do you want to see Josie?” He gets all excited, giggly and says yes!Is this normal? Do 4 year olds have crushes? I’m feeling like this might be a crush, but I was so not prepared for this at all and I’m mildly freaking out a little bit because he’s borderline obsessed about it. She’s all he talks about, and his speech isn’t great at all which says a lot haha. I remember being in kindergarten and having my first crush, I think I was 5. I remember his name and everything and even kissing him! I’m 28 now and I remember crushing on him so vividly. I’m not ready for this! via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2RpkRvi

No comments:

Post a Comment