Wednesday 30 January 2019

I had a horrible dream about my son, and the scary thing is it could actually happen in real life :(


So, I had a nightmare the other night that terrified me more than any other dream I have ever had. There were no ghosts or monsters in this dream.In my dream, I was getting ready to pack my son away in a neighborhood that was a little sketchy (I don't know why we were there in the dream). We were leaving someone's house and as I opened the passenger door to whatever vehicle I was driving in the dream, a group of guys drove up to the front of the house and begin to unleash gunfire.I recall gripping my son as tight as I could and ducking behind a car. The guys quickly drove away and I stood up unharmed, but my son was struggling to breathe. I pulled him away from me to find 2 bullet holes in his back.I felt my heart fall out of my chest in real life; I was horrified and woke up in the biggest tear-filled panic ever. I even broke down in tears re-counting the dream to my wife the next morning and I tear up thinking about it now.It's such a shame that I know there are parents who have had to live out my nightmare in real life. The school shootings; the "stray bullets" the "caught in a crossfire" and the mass shootings plaguing our society today - it's all very real. There are parents who have felt the pain I felt x10 by something I saw in a dream. This dream was way too real and I cannot stop thinking about it.It surely made me want to hold my son a little closer at night and as I drop him off at school. There was no purpose to this post beyond sharing my sentiments of this dream and the horrors we deal with today. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GdtXJS

No comments:

Post a Comment