Monday 28 January 2019

Parental advice! Please no hate


I ll try to make this long story short.When i was little my mom worked alot so i spent alot of time taking care of my little newborn brother from age 8-11.At 19 i had my 1st kid who died in the womb at 39 weeks. Its always been a serious trigger for me to be around newborns but i started working at a daycare to help move foward. The kids i worked with were age 3-7.Now im 21 and i just recently had my second kid. Its difficult but i love my son so much. Hes 9 days old. But im realizing i hate doing the little things. Waking up in the middle of the night, changing him etc. I know im a dad and dont have that instinctive mother feeling but i just dont get the same joy my girlfriend does around him. To me hes cute and mine but all he does is sleep eat pee on repeat and i dont know how i can feel so much joy with someone i cant in anyway communicate or have stay awake for any more than a feeding...Thoughts? advice? Im really struggling here emotionally with this. My girlfriend is supportive but i feel like a terrible parent. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2sRGdHR

No comments:

Post a Comment