Tuesday 29 January 2019

In-laws see my baby more than I do


My wife and I have a 10 month old son who is just fantastic. Always happy and smiling, sleeps through the night, he’s just a breeze. My wife is on mat leave and will be for another few months.I work your typical 8-5 mon-fri job, with about 3 nights away per month for work. My concern is my in-laws are spending so much time over at our house, they see my son more than I do. I get about 2 hours with him when I get home from work before he goes to bed, and weekends obviously.We still go out (very occasionally) but when we do, we alternate babysitting between her parents and mine. My parents come over once week otherwise to see the baby. My in laws are over every day for a couple hours during the day 5 days a week, and then the occasional babysitting on the weekends. My wife has no problem with this obviously as it’s company for her and a break from the routine. Or she’ll head out to the store with her parents or solo while they babysit. But I can’t help but feel a little jealous as they see him so often. I wanted to try to keep even visiting hours between grandparents but that’s just not possible and now I think they’re seeing him more than even I do. I come home to find things that grandma is trying to teach him which is great, but also, I wanted to teach him.Am I being ridiculous? Like I said, it’s amazing my wife has someone to rely on to help her or to keep her company, I don’t want that to change. But is it fair for me to want her to scale it back or am I just being selfish? I’ve asked her to contact my parents more often to help out, but my parents don’t live as close and my wife feels weird asking. I want to be there all day with them, but I’m working so on one hand I’m glad someone else is there, but on the other hand I can’t help but feel left out. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2MECuXn

No comments:

Post a Comment