Monday 28 January 2019

PSA: Don't assume that other parents' child-proofing is good enough for your kid


This should be obvious, but the lazy side of us wants to trust people when they emphatically promise "My house is child proofed."I had my 1 & 3-year old kdis at a friend's house who also have a 1 yo. I heard the promise. I didn't look around closely. I later discovered my 1 yo with a foil-wrapped Hershey's kiss in his mouth, and not long after that my 3 yo came running to me crying that she burned her fingers on some candles. Candles that were not in a 1 yo's reach, but were accessible for a 3 yo. I also noticed a phone charger plugged in the wall dangling to the floor.Check your surroundings. One kid's proofing is might not be good enough for your kid. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2sPiBDX

No comments:

Post a Comment