Tuesday 29 January 2019

MIL is Satan’s baby.


My MIL and I have never really gotten on. She’s incredibly posh, incredibly arrogant and has NO social skills whatsoever. My husband has always been aware that I find his mum incredibly hard to get along with and agrees with me every time I mention something she’s done.So, I had my son around 6 months ago (her second grandchild) and since then, I actually cannot bear to be in the same room as her.When he was born, 6 weeks early, she commented that he was “very orange” and that “he’ll go pale and lovely soon.” Bear in mind, he had severe jaundice and his blood was far too thick which resulted in him being under light therapy for over a week. She kept commenting that “he’ll look much nicer soon” and that “you shouldn’t worry, he won’t be orange forever” even though I NEVER EVER said anything about it. I really didn’t care, I was just glad he was alive after being born early and not breathing. I loved my little orange boy just as much as I love him now. I got cross after she kept bringing it up and took him into another room.Fast forward around 3/4 weeks and he reaches his due date. We went over for a roast to celebrate him reaching term. We all sit down to eat and he starts crying in his Moses basket so I get up. She actually shouted at me “just leave him!” I nearly punched her... I looked to my partner for support without sitting down and he said “just get him babe, you’re his mum. You know best.” His mum didn’t apologise. She huffed and muttered about it for the rest of the afternoon and when I wouldn’t give him up for a cuddle, she told me that I was selfish and that he’ll eventually resent me for not sharing him. At this point, I’m pulling my coat on, I’ve strapped him in his car seat and I’m making excuses for us to go home.A few weeks after, she brings up Christmas despite already knowing we planned to go to my family this year as the year before she totally ruined by getting into an argument with HER MIL and stomping upstairs for the rest of the day. She then tries to guilt my partner by saying “well we just won’t see you then... fine” and carrying on and on about it. I told her “we came to you last year so it’s not your turn” and she said “it’ll always be my turn when he grows up as he will want his granny.” I said “no, he will want presents and chocolate” as a joke to lighten the mood and she said “no. No. He’ll want to be here with his granny... you can go off wherever.” Like no. That’s my baby, I’m not giving you him for Christmas Day.I also told her how old he is last week and she said “no he’s not.” So I said “I think I know how old he is!” And she said “no, you clearly don’t. He’s not that old.” And then GOT HIS BIRTHDAY WRONG WHEN SHE TRIED TO JUSTIFY HER RUDENESS. So I just stayed upstairs until they left.Anyway, loads of incidents with her doing shit like this constantly but the worst was: he had to have a very minor operation but a serious one and was in a cast for over a week afterwards. When we took him to see them after the op (by a week or so) she said “what’s that awful mummy let them do to you? Eh? You’re not safe with her are you? You’re safe with granny! I won’t let her hurt you again!” I FUCKING LOST IT. I grabbed him off her and went in the other room crying. My partner wasn’t there at the time so didn’t hear but when we left, I cried all the way home as it was so horrible.I don’t understand why she would think that’s ok?! I know I’m emotional as I’ve just had a baby but... I guess my question to you all is how to I get her out of our lives? My partner still thinks that we should see them every other weekend but I hate it and I’ve told him all the horrid shit she’s done and said. I’ve called her out loads in the past, removed myself from the visits but my son is BF (breastfed) so I can’t not go now that my partner takes him there or if they come here I can’t go out :/ he won’t take a bottle AT ALL so I can’t even express the milk!Please help me find a way to show my partner that she’s evil and toxic and that we don’t have an obligation to see her every other week. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2RmnTk0

No comments:

Post a Comment