Saturday 29 December 2018

Pre-Menopausal With Little Kids


I am about to turn 40. My mom keeps telling me that I am in the early/pre stages of menopause. She started at 40. I find myself irrationally angry and frustrated at pretty much any inconvenience/frustration to my life. Innocuous things my children (2M and 5F) do, that I should be able to get over, drive me insane. It causes me to become irritated with my husband. For the most part, he handles me incredibly well. He lets me vent when I need and lets me throw the occasional pity party for myself. However, this further makes me feel bad because he’s handling me and the kids and I feel like a useless crazy person. In the middle of being angry/frustrated I am aware that I’m doing it but I can’t always make myself stop. When I do, it turns into horrible guilt and sadness.I wonder if I’d feel differently if I had kids younger. Before I got so set in my ways. Before I had money and realized how much I wanted to do in life. Before I became I hormonal mess.I’m not really seeking advice, though I wouldn’t turn it down. I might just be venting or seeking confirmation that I’m not alone. I feel out of control and often like a bad parent.Adulting sucks!! via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2SrvWgJ

No comments:

Post a Comment