Thursday 27 December 2018

First year as a stay at home mom and Christmas break is killing me.


As stated in the title, this is my first year as a stay at home mom. I have an 8 year old daughter and I’ve worked 1-2 jobs at a time her entire life. This year I got married to a wonderful man and am currently 8 months pregnant so I’ve had the opportunity to finally spend more time with my daughter and be home with my son when he’s born. So far, it’s been wonderful. I’ve really enjoyed being able to volunteer at her school and not worry about daycare on off days. But Christmas break has been making me absolutely downright pissed off. She’s been acting ungrateful, rude, and entitled. She completely trashed her room and I had to battle her about cleaning it. She’s been complaining about being stuck in the house so I told her this morning we could go to the library and pick out some new books and do a craft they’re organizing in about 1.5 hours from now. So to start the day we need to have breakfast and get dressed, right? Nope. She flipped about having to choose breakfast and just wants to watch tv even though she understands we need to get ready to go. She’s had a major attitude with me but as soon as Dad gets home, she’s a sweet loving child. I think she changes her tune because they’re bffs and she knows when he gets angry, she’s REALLY in trouble. My mom wasn’t around much while I grew up so I’m basically learning as I go but I’m losing my damn mind over the constant battles. I try to make things fun for her but all she wants to do is argue. I don’t necessarily want to be my daughters best friend over being a parent but why can’t we have both? At least while she’s young like this. Why doesn’t she want to get along? via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2QRQnql

No comments:

Post a Comment