Monday 31 December 2018

Give it to me straight. How important is clothing choice for kids in public schools? Are kids bullied over their style?


This is something I keep seeing on this sub. Kids who are tortured because they wear the wrong style of underwear or the wrong brand of socks. Is this something that actually happens in real life?I'm asking because my oldest will be starting middle school next year and for the first time his school will not require a uniform. Only the elementary schools in the district will continue to require a uniform. We don't go all out on clothes. He doesn't care about clothes and gets them dirty so we mainly get hand me downs from relatives or go to the thrift shop. We go to the outlet mall for socks, underwear, and nicer clothes but I don't shop by brand and my son just cares that it's comfortable. I have no clue what brand of socks he wears. I don't even know what brand of shirts or shorts he wears. He grabs whatever.I don't want to set him up for failure but no boy has ever said anything about his clothing before. He dresses out for gym and no one has commented on his socks or underwear or undershirt or anything. Is this regional? We are in a more liberal part of the world. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2EZyTlK

No comments:

Post a Comment