Friday 28 December 2018

Missing the kids as they get older -- is this a thing?


This may be a weird question, but do parents of older kids 'mourn' for lack of a better word the younger versions of their kids? Our kids are 8 and 11, and they're so fun and adventurous and just good kids -- all be it they have their moments :) Honestly I wish they'd be like this forever, but all my friends with older kids keep saying "Just wait". I'm not looking forward to them growing up or going through that teen phase where they don't want anything to do with us. I just feel like I'll feel a loss of sorts for the kids as they are now when they're older. I watched a video of the kids from a few years back and already found myself wishing I had those little 3 and 6 year old kiddos running around again as our kids now have already changed and evolved so much. I just wasn't sure if this a common thing or if it's just me. via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2QcFkmI

No comments:

Post a Comment