Friday 28 December 2018

Dealing with ex putting kid between us


Hi there,I am going to move out of our house in a few weeks, my husband is staying. I'm only moving away a couple of miles. We have a four year year old son who doesn't know about this yet. My husband is very afraid that I'm going to take our son away from him, which I am definitely not planning to do. I've been trying to come to an agreement with him regarding custody, but he shuts down completely and always tells me our son ist staying with him 100% of the time. Obviously that is not acceptable to me and sadly I've had to start legal proceedings.I've tried to keep our son out of this so far. I was planning for both of us to sit down with him as soon as my moving date gets closer, and calmly explain what's happening, that we both love him very much etc. However, just now my son approached me and told me "dad said you shouldn't take me away from him. He doesn't want you to take his son. Daddy said you can't do that. I want to stay with him." I was quite shocked, I have no idea what his father told him. Then he proceeded "but I like it when we go for walks together", so obviously he didn't understand very well whatever his father said. In the past he's also told me "daddy says you do a lot of bad things and only a few good things".None of this really surprises me, tbh. Talking to my ex husband won't help very much, that's just how he is. But I'm really scared he'll turn our son against me with this talk. I'd really appreciate any advice on how to react when my son tells me these things. It must be so confusing for him as well... via /r/Parenting http://bit.ly/2GH2Jgo

No comments:

Post a Comment