Friday 28 October 2016

War on Halloween


We, as parents need to fight this. I have been noticing it for years, and now that I have a kid in school I feel like we need to do something. The district administrators who are cancelling costume parades, telling us we have to say "harvest" instead of Halloween, and that there aren't even pumpkins allowed in the classroom. The last straw for me was when they told me that there would be no costumes allowed. There have to be more parents who love Halloween than Christian fundamentalists who are somehow offended by the concept. I have at least 4 other parents in my daughter's class writing emails to the administrator and pulling their kids out of class on Monday. All they care about is the money they lose when kids stay home, that's why they allow the religious nuts to push them around, because they are the first to make a stink and threaten to keep their kids home. The district representative, and even my kids teacher thanked me and told me to speak my mind. Don't allow fundamentalist nut job Christians to continue to kill the most fun secular holiday around. Don't let Trunk or Treating kill Trick or Treating. PROTEST HARVEST! Remember when everyone gave out candy, instead of just the rich neighborhoods? Remember the costume parades in elementary school? These things are dying, and we know who to blame. It may take some time, but I know there are more of us out there than them. I live in fucking Southern California! I can't imagine how bad it must bei the Bible Belt.Pull your kids out of school and encourage other parents to do the same. The money is all the district cares about. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eTShks

No comments:

Post a Comment