Sunday 30 October 2016

Milestones: First time accused of kidnapping my child.


I brought my 3.5 year old son with me today to go shopping for food before football starts. We were picking up some snacks and he wanted a ball. We have about 350 million balls at the house, so I told him no. Because he is 3.5, he decided to throw a tantrum in the middle of the store. I tried to pick him up to bring him outside so we didn't disturb the other shoppers, but he was flinging his little arms and legs around to make it difficult. Obviously, this brought a lot of attention to our little situation and the store manager got involved. He asked me what the problem was and I explained it to him. Now, my son is technically my foster son and he is a different race than I am. Knowing how the situation must have looked, I explained that to him. He then asked my son if I am his foster dad and for some reason, my son said no. I have no idea why and I talked about it with my son after the situation got resolved, and he doesn't know why he said it either. Anyway, that really made it seem really sketchy and the police were called. I tried showing the manager pictures of our family on my phone, but he told me to save it for the police. The police came and the situation was resolved pretty quickly, but man, that was incredibly frustration. I just needed to vent. The Chargers better win today. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2dE07i9

No comments:

Post a Comment