Sunday 30 October 2016

Minor first aid question (non-emergency)


My three-year-old is a cautious child and has so far traipsed through life with little more than a few scratches and bruises. She's never really needed a bandaid, and actually hates them because of associations with getting shots.So...this morning, I was clipping her fingernails and she moved suddenly, and I accidentally clipped a little chunk of her pinky fingertip. I felt terrible. She was frantic, there was blood everywhere, and we were having trouble wrapping a bandaid around her slippery, struggling finger - I finally just wrapped gauze tape around it until it was bulky but secure. Six or seven hours later, I gave her a quick bath and a fresh bandage and, while it hadn't bled much under the wrap, it started dripping everywhere once uncovered.My question is this: should I do anything different than keeping it wrapped up overnight? When should I let it air out? She does not cope well with pain or injuries, but seems to forget the bandage is there after a while.Bonus question: Have you ever clipped your child's skin? :( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eK3y8t

No comments:

Post a Comment