Saturday 29 October 2016

6yr old behavior.


My daughter is 6. She's in 1st grade and coming out of the parent teacher conferences I couldn't help but be disappointed and at a loss. First things first, and what her teacher raved about was that she's a smart cookie!! (proud mommy moments yet!!) unfortunately she is also behind her peers because she is refusing to do the work. She'll have constant melt downs (full on bucket of tears) when she doesn't want to do something. There's a "cool down" spot in the room for her so she can collect herself and calm down and join the class when she's ready.Her teacher emailed to ask about her going to the councillor for snack time, which I was and am fine with. But for whatever reason it didn't work out. I brought it up in the conference and the plan is to set up a time for her to go on a schedule.She does this at home too. I will have her go to her room and calm down and then we'll talk.She walked out of her Spanish class the other day and refused to go back.She is getting assistance in math and reading (which is working great !!) her teacher and I both agree she's gets frustrated easily and that's when she stops whatever she's doing and melts down.I don't know how to help her. She's a wonderful, delightful, funny little one for sure. But man oh man when she doesn't get her way or I don't do everything for her....At home she is not spoiled. She doesn't always get her way. I don't do everything for her (things that she should be doing herself she does). I encourage her when she's trying. Help her when she asks for help. Try to remind her that things take practice,not everything is easy. She has for a wonderful curious mind and I take the time to actually answer questions if I know the answers to them.I don't know if any of my rant makes sense but any suggestions as to how I can help her or what I can do would be great! Thanks via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2eTaNM4

No comments:

Post a Comment